Thursday, August 23, 2007

Faith!

I love the story of Shadrach, Meshac, and Abednego. They did not bow to the graven idol even though they would be thrown into to fire. I love the fact that they were willing to die for God if it was His will. That is such a good story. God is in control and he is going to be control today tomorrow and forever.Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. All things may not be pleasant though, but if we love God and are called according to His purpose than ALL THINGS, pleasant or not, are going to work together for good. That is a good encouragement that the Lord has given us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY BUDDY!!!!!

how ya doing nate? micah told me about ya'll's plans to go fishing on Saturday, he said that Brad might come to, so is that the somebody else?

speaking of fishing, i had a dream about it last night.

remember the day we went fishing during the revival? i dreamed it was that day and i had hooked a fish and was reeling it in and it was such a fighter and so big.

guess what it was?

a King!

of course, i was able to keep it, but i sure did whoop up a storm!

Nathan said...

I am doing good. I guess Brad would be the somebody else. That is pretty cool that you caught a King in your dream. Was there anybody else in the dream?

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Nate.

It was good to talk to you on the phone, yesterday. I miss having you here. I'd sure like to go on another hike up to the lake or something. I've picked out a couple of new places that I want to hike to, as well.

Thanks for the story. I love that story, too. My favorite part is when they told Nebuchadnezzer "We are not careful to answer you in this matter." That always makes me feel like being bold for Jesus.

It means, "We're not afraid of what you will do to us if we stand for God. We're not concerned about saying something that you won't agree with. We will answer you truthfully, and you may do what you will, because whether we live or die, God will be glorified and we will be in His eternal care."

Who wouldn't be emboldened but such faith?!

Well, I've got to get back to studying for my message for the assembly. Keep praying for me. I'm excited, but I'm a little nervous as well. I know that, as long as I have the anointing of the Lord, I will be ok.

Love ya, Bro.

Brother Jacob